Monday, March 7, 2011

Working through the "hard Times"

Anybody that has dalloped in the direct sales world knows that hard times happen. Operating a business and marketing a business can be challenging. This post is going to reflect on some of the things that I do to boost business when it is slow.

1. TAKE A DEEP BREATH....relax....remember why you are doing this business and as long as you work the business, the business will work for you.

2. Check local venues and listings to see if there are upcoming expos/vendor shows/gala's that you can get a table at. This allows for you to meet a group of people interested in your product and what you do, most of my shows come from these event and then it snowballs into more and more parties. Definitely worth your time/money.

3. Contact current customers for referrals, I always make customer service calls to make sure my customers are aware of the products, using my Newletter reports is especially helpful, this tells you who has been looking recently and may be interested in having a show.

4. Previous Hostesses, contact them, make sure they have what they need, see if they would be interested in having a different kind of party, for my business I always ask if they are interested in doing a candy making class as their second party! This usually makes it very easy their party to qualify because I charge for supplies (I then turn around and add that to her party as an order sent to me to replenish my stock) Tweek this to make it work for your business, if you sell wickless candles, maybe have a cash n carry party, or an ugly candle party...everyone brings a candle that has burned and made a mess or is just plain ugly and they get a sample for free or something like that.....i'm sure you get the picture.

5. Lastly...always remember that whatever you do in your business, it's your business....and you need to remember these simple rules:
- Before you do anything, ask yourself...is this going to make me money? If it's not...think about tabling it for something that will make you money.
- you are in this business FOR yourself, but not BY yourself.
- You need to go through 100 no's to get 1 yes, so start asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment